About Us

The Lil’ Lambs Closet is one of Marietta’s longest running church consignment sales. We have been around for more than 40 years. We sell quality, gently-used children’s clothing and toys, as well as maternity clothing, children’s books/ dvd’s and nursery items. Lil’ Lambs is a great place to give your child’s outgrown clothes a new home (and make a little money, too). Consignors have the option of donating unsold items to a community mission where the items are much-needed and well-used.

The Lil’ Lambs Closet is operated solely by volunteers. It takes about 400 people over the course of one week to run the sale. Without the volunteers in our church and in our community who so willingly give of their time, this sale would not exist. We truly appreciate every one of our volunteers! If you have never worked our sale, please consider volunteering at the next sale. Volunteers who work a 4-hour shift are allowed to shop on Thursday afternoon, before the sale opens to the public.

Proceeds

Lil’ Lambs keeps 30% of the selling price of each item; Sellers (consignors) receive the remaining 70%. Lil’ Lambs gives the proceeds to the First United Methodist Church of Marietta. We charge $10 to each consignor payable via PayPal at the point of registration. We also charge $5 at our Public Preview Sale, the Thursday evening before the sale begins, allowing shoppers to get a head start on purchases from 6-8pm. All proceeds are used to support various church ministries and community mission projects.

Advertisements